“Btw hehehe I nominated you for the Liebster 😀 Have a great day!!!”
I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend and fellow blogger Stubbornly Courageous. Thank you honey! For those that don’t know what this award is, here are a few facts about it per wordingwell.com:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
I will admit that I’ve NEVER been a fan of chain letters, but consider this an honor, so thought I’d accept. 🙂
For those of you who don’t know, here are the rules of this honor.
- Mention the person who nominated you on your blog and link them.
- Answer 11 questions by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and link them below. (I wasn’t quite sure how to find this out, but I believe each person has under 200!) LOL
- Create your own 11 questions for them to answer and let the nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
Okay here are her questions.
What is one promise you’ve been given that has transformed your life?
This gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. I no longer fear death because I know that death is NOT the end! 🙂
When did you first feel free to the calling to write?
Hmmmm. I’m not sure what you mean by “free” exactly. LOL. I guess I would say that I always have, as it’s something I remember doing many years ago and loving. I felt such freedom in doing so, although my writing started out pretty dark and depressing. It was my outlet of expression, and as a hurting teenager I bled on paper. Thankfully the older I got the more I was able to find my true identity in the One who holds the stars. In the past 6 months or so, I really began getting confirmation that Papa wanted me to write as an outlet for ministry. I began working on a memoir after my accident 6 years ago, but put that on hold due to fear and doubt. God gave me words to use so that others could be impacted for His kingdom, and I can’t waste that talent!
What is your view of life, love, and happiness?
Life is a precious gift that can either be our greatest blessing or our greatest stressing depending on how we view it. Love is precisely why we were put here on earth. We are to love others and be loved by others. As far as happiness . . . it’s a temporary feeling that comes and goes like the wind. Joy is something to be pursued, not happiness. 😉
Who has impacted your life that is famous?
Jesus Christ! 🙂 Hey, He’s “famous” in my book. He has such authority yet remains extremely humble. He has taught me that love is more important than anything else, and that the only way up is down.
Who has impacted your life that is not famous?
My daddy. He was the most talented man that I knew, and he passed on his musical and writing abilities to me along with many others.
What is your favorite treat that you give yourself when you want to splurge a little bit? Why do you like that?
Ha! A new journal or book! I LOVE reading and writing, so a new journal or book will never go to waste! (Although I have a habit of buying books faster than I can read them!)
What is your favorite treat that you have that is a simple pleasure?
My dog. Hahahaha! I don’t know that he’d be classified as a “treat,” but he sure is to me! This morning I laid in bed for about 30 minutes cuddling with him because he is just too darn cute! In fact, he is curled up alongside me know as I type this. He’s definitely a momma’s boy! 🙂
What is your favorite place to go to spend time with Papa?
My favorite place would be anywhere among nature. That is where I always feel closest to Him. (Although I know He is always beside me.) There is something about being out in His creation that makes His presence so very tangible.
What is your favorite moment with Papa?
I can’t think of any particular moment, but I do love when I receive revelation while reading His Word or worshiping Him. There is something that just clicks, like eyes being opened for the first time. I love it.
What is your dream? When did you accept that as your dream, and if you’re not living it, what can you do to be able to walk in that thing?
My dream is to love others as Christ loves me, which is a LOT, and not see their failures or faults. I think to be able to “walk in that thing” is a constant process of growing. It takes a lot of revelation of the Father’s love, and truly understanding what was accomplished on the cross.
How has writing impacted your life?
Writing has impacted by life by giving me a creative outlet to express my innermost thoughts and feelings, all while trying to point others to the hope of the gospel. Many of my “aha!” moments have come through reading other people’s work, allowing me to be ushered into a deeper relationship with Papa God. It’s a beautiful thing.
And the winners are (insert drum roll here):
- Rick Christensen
- Cheryl Johnston
- Caroline Hall
- Stressless with Jesus
My questions to you:
1. What is your favorite season and why?
2. What advice would you give new bloggers?
3. How much time per week do you spend on your blog?
4. What was your favorite childhood toy?
5. How has your faith helped you through difficult times?
6. You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What do you love most about blogging?
9. What one post on your blog are you most proud of?
10. What three words would you use to describe your self?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
Thanks again Stubbornly Courageous for deeming me worthy enough for this award. I want to encourage those I nominated to take the time to accept this award and pay it forward. Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, and who doesn’t want to be marketed?? 🙂 May your words come easily, and your call to write grow stronger each day! Blessings!